Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cash or time?

I worked 9 hours on Saturday. Acutally, work is an understatement! I busted my arse! By the time the event was over we were all saying that if it were to last one more hour we'd all pass out. It was truly the very end of my limits. It was hot, windy (thanks, Ike), and a blast!

So...because I worked the hours I get overtime.

My boss is fantastic about letting me either take some time immediately or bank the hours and use them when I need them. Or, I could have taken the overtime. I started thinking that I had to get something for John to the Post Office, Sammi was home sick, the house was a wreck, all that junk. I was weighing the options...money or time??? While it would have been close to $200 I decided that time was worth more. So I took off time yesterday and I'm going in late today to make up the 9 hours. I got my girly a grilled cheese sandwich because she was craving one. I can't do that from work. I got John's boonie cap mailed (only to learn he also needs patrol caps!). I met my friend for lunch. I washed dishes (ugh). I played on the computer. I talked to my husband for almost 2 hours. All of that (besides the dishes which someone should have to pay me to do) is worth way more than the extra money in the paycheck. That stuff that gets put off because you have to be away during the day. Cili had strep last week and I couldn't stay home with her. That was hard for me. It was nice to be able to have yesterday to be available for Sammi.

I found out last week that Troy University has an International Relations graduate program...I'm thinking really hard about that one!! Maybe I'll just find a law school wherever we end up next...

1 comment:

Powers Play said...

Blog looks good. Let's get some pictures up there!! Tell the kids we miss them. Hey Cass I heard you are reading some books that are widely popular with........WOMEN!!! Sup wit dat?