Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Welcome, Spring!!




Yes, it's been awhile...I recognize this. I know my weaknesses, let's not rub them in, shall we??



We've had a lot going on in the past few months so I'll get right to the point. I had my surgery on December 9th, 2009. It's been almost 4 full months and I have lost about 56 pounds! As you see from the top photo, I've changed a bit!

John's getting ready to leave...again...this time to Afghanistan. He'll be gone for a year or so and we are very blah about the whole thing...ok, I am very blah, I don't want to see him go and quite frankly, Afghanistan scares the hell out of me. There. I said it.

Here he is with two of his sisters who came to visit for his birthday (which also happened to be Easter Sunday!).


His nephew, Josh, is happy to be in the background!



We had family up for the holiday weekend and it was really fabulous. John's sister Kathy came. Her son, Brian, came with his wife, Lori and their son, Aidan. John's sister Maggie and her hubby Steve, their grandson, Sklyar, and their son Josh and his girlfriend, Angie all came to visit for a long weekend. I have missed having family around and enjoyed their visit more than I can tell you.




We had a fun Easter egg hunt with Aidan and our Cecilia...the two that qualified as young enough to hunt eggs. Sammi and Lori helped color the boiled eggs and loved getting their fingers blue, purple, pink...a serious rainbow!




We had a great big Easter feast that was absolutely fabulous. I loved having family around and seeing the smiles and hearing the laughter and conversation. This is what I miss about having family around. I miss my family and I miss his. Sniffle...

We also celebrated John's birthday. He turned 47 on Easter. We got him a horsey cake that he seemed to enjoy!

John also enjoyed spending the days out with the horses and showing his family his world there. It was fun for everyone to get to hang with our critters!
You can see more pictures Family Visit April, 2010'>here!



















No comments: