Friday, April 30, 2010

He's gone...

Well, John left yesterday for a year-long deployment to Afghanistan. This is the worst time, when he first leaves. I think about all that will happen that he will miss, all that I will want or need help with that he won't be here for. He won't be around for conversations at the end of the day, or to wake up to in the morning.

A year is a long time, but I suppose as I get older they go by much more quickly. I think about how it was just a minute ago we were coloring eggs and then we did it again! He'll be home just after we color them again next year.

My eyes are burning from moments of crying. It's not a continual flow, just moments when I hurt and wish it wasn't really happening. I know he misses us when he's away, too, and that may hurt me more than anything. I can't stand to know that he is hurting. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. We need him to come home safely.

Love you, babe, hurry back!

No comments: