Sunday, July 19, 2009

Beautiful scenery

So I finally gave in and went to the lake where John has been taking the kids fishing for the last 6 weeks or so. I was so glad I did. It's really beautiful! I don't know why I am so stubborn...I usually find out after that I have been missing out...argh! First they go to a little pond and catch a bunch of very small bass that they then run to the Jeep, put in a bucket of water, and rush to Kyle Lake on Fort Campbell to stock it with bass. John is thinking that if he stocks it with nice small bass now, when he returns from his next deployment he'll have a lake full of whoppers! The first pic is bye Kyle Lake and the other 2 are the little pond. I wish you could see how beautiful it really was with the sun setting. The water was like glass. I sat listening to (and reading to follow along) the audiobook version of Les Miserables and could hear Cili and John as they made their way around the pond - stopping to fish for a few minutes and then moving to another spot. Cecilia, of course, is adorable as she hollers from the opposite side, "Mom! This is my lucky spot! I have caught 3 already here!" John had not had his hook in the water 3 minutes when he pulled out his first fish. This is something the two of them enjoy doing together and I felt privileged to be able to witness that bond they share.

This video is Cili running up with the string of fish. She is bringing them from the last spot they fished and wants to put them in the water really quick while John gets the bucket ready for them.


The absolute joys of motherhood!!

No comments: