Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The ultimate sacrifice and the love of friends

On a sad note...I traveled to Georgia last week for a quick overnight trip to pay my respects to a soldier who was killed in Afghanistan. This was the husband of a good friend of mine during John's first deployment. These kinds of things make the war a very real thing and I struggle with it on a regular basis. My love and support to Donna and to 1SG John D. Blair, thank you for your sacrifice and may you rest in peace.

I was able, while I was there, to connect with some friends that shared John's last deployment with me. Cathey, Michelle, Rhonda, Dee, Larry...it was so good to see them all. The Georgia Guard is in Afghanistan now and I know they are missing their soldiers. Everyone was so supportive of our guys during that first trip to Iraq, but I miss being able to share that sisterhood with these women this time around. Thank you for all that you have done for me and given me, I cannot express my love enough.

I was also able to see Lynn, Mark, and Claire Patterson, Nancy Bauer, and my sister-at-heart Jenn and her three girls, Morgan, Sophia, and Kate. I miss you guys so much!! Honestly it makes me cry to think about you all and how much I miss you!

I've posted a couple of pics to share these very important people in my life.

1 comment:

The Jones Family said...

Thank you for both of the updates. It is good to see some pictures of you guys, and also good to have the reminder of how fortunate we are to have brave men and women who work so hard to protect and defend us every day. I feel truly unworthy, but not unappreciative. Love you!