Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ketchup, Catsup, no...Catch-Up!

Yep, I'm a slacker!!! As if you didn't know...ha!

I will just have to give a quick update and then I promise to be much more consistent.

For starters, Cili was baptized on the 26th of June. That is such a great moment for me but also a little sad. Every first thing, major milestone, or learned thing for Cili will be the last first time for our family. Someday my kids will have kids of their own and they'll get to have those "firsts" too, but for now it's the end of an era. It's sad for me. Honestly, she is such a good girl that I have really enjoyed every moment of her and I hate to see those fleeting moments pass. They don't realize what the moments mean, how important they really are, but I sure do!

John had a little surprise from his head injury in March. He apparently suffered a couple of small seizures! We didn't know that's what they were, he was having some issues with his face going numb so we went to the ER. There they found that he had a subdural hematoma (bleeding on his brain) and the pressure of the fluid there was causing these seizures. They rushed him to the CCU at Skyline Medical Center and he stayed for a couple of days. As you can tell by this picture, he was really not concerned about his health! He felt fine! They let him go but we went back for a CT a week later and were relieved to hear the hematoma was absorbing and had gotten smaller. We head back to the neurosurgeon tomorrow to have another look.

It was very scary for me, though, they had him hooked up to every monitor imaginable. My dumb brain kept thinking "what if" instead of "whew we caught it" so I was really distracted by the whole mess. We are all glad he's on the mend!


I have been enjoying taking Ellie out to ride. My friend Carol and I recently went to Land Between the Lakes (www.lbl.org) to ride our horses and just had a great time.

It's so beautiful and peaceful. I let Ellie stop to get a little drink and she walked right in the lake. If I hadn't pulled on her rope I swear she'd have kept going! She was pawing at the water and finally buckled both front knees to lay down!! I had to pull her back up since she was saddled and I still needed to get back on her to ride the last 2 miles of the trail back to the truck!

John and the kids painted the trailer we bought. It's bright (as one person said it looks liked Rainbow Brite exploded all over it) but they love it. We are happy to have our own trailer and maybe someday I'll actually be able to back the Jeep up to it and hook it up...

1 comment:

Clair Dickson said...

Cool- a fellow blogger! Love your title on this one. I'll be stopping by (sorry, can't get rid of me easily.) My blog is www.clairsfairytale.blogspot.com if you want to visit.