Saturday, May 8, 2010

Horsin' Around

One of John's favorite things is to work with the horses. Obviously he will not be able to do that for a very long time. That doesn't mean, though, that the girls and I can't go out and play with our equine family members! Today we went out to the barn to meet up with a friend who is going to help train Lady so she's ready to hit the trails when John gets back. She is also going to help get Charlie chilled out and help me fine tune Ellie. I'm looking forward to throwing myself into horses this summer while I am out of school!! Here are some pics of the day. It's funny because when Cili rides Ellie, she can be a bit stubborn and won't do what she's asked. If I stand in the middle of the round pen, though, she will do what she's told. I have a whip handy to remind her that I'm serious but it's just to keep her alert.


Meanwhile, Samantha learned how to ground drive Lady today. Our friend and trainer, Tiffany, worked very well with her and showed her what to do so Sammi can work on her own this week. I'm excited to watch her really bond with and teach Lady to do what she wants her to do. Lady is a good girl, she just forgets she's a horse and we are people...she needs some manners! We've had her since she was 9 months old, so it's to be expected. We are her family!
Here's a little video of Cili making a course in the round pen.

No comments: