Sunday, November 9, 2008

Halloween and Spirit Week


I was a bit delayed because I lost the cord to my new camera about a week after I got it. It's around somewhere but meanwhile Kodak made another $30 off me...

Cecilia had spirit week and the final day they had a read in. They were allowed to dress up as a character from a book. It was the week before Halloween and they weren't allowed to just dress in random costumes...that's all out of the question these days. No more school parties. They are allowed 3 per year. So this is a way of having a party but making it educational sort of.
With Cili's red hair I couldn't help but suggest Pippi Longstocking. She was all for it. Love these pictures of her!!! She's here with her friend Morgan who was Ashley Tisdale. Next, Halloween. Cecilia was Scarlett O'Hara (gee, her mother's influence? never!) and Samantha was a "punk" girl.Cili's friend Morgan was Belle from Beauty and the Beast. It was funny, Cili said, "She's Belle and I'm a Southern Belle!"
Sammi is 12 and some of her friends were dressed in the most seductive trash I have ever seen. I told her that I was happy she didn't ask because I'd have to be dead for her to wear some of that stuff. Check out the pic with her and her friend and you'll see. This friend won't be 12 until next summer...yeah, seriously, 11 years old...what mom would??? It was Sammi's last year trick or treating. We had fun. Cass passed out candy to the kids in his Naruto costume and then put on the Michael Myers costume my neighbor had and made me about pee my pants when he walked out from behind a truck. I was at my friend's house and we watched him all night just standing still and scaring the crap out of people. At one point we heard a herd of kids running and screaming. There were about 12 kids running from the park and here came Cass in the costume just walking through the park. He was slow and he never said a word but it sure had the effect!!! He was truly in his element...kind of scary...

4 comments:

AS Amber said...

OMG!!! That would be so freakin' scary!! Cilia looks just like you. Such a cute family! PS..this is your cousin, Amber!

Nancy said...

Love the kids costumes and the Halloween stories. Your girls are so cute and I am glad you aren't letting them dress all skanky. Shows what they see out there though! Cass scaring the kids is funny - one year my mom dressed up like a witch and scared the dickens out of a couple of neighbor kids - they didn't want to come to my house to play for about two months!!!!!!!!! Plus, they were perpetually scared of my mom!

Glad you updated your blog. Some of us with nothing to do look for conversations of any sort!!!!!!!!

Missing you.

Alesia OKeefe said...

Thanks, Amber, you dork I know who you are!!! Looks like all is well with you...and you are WAY better at updating your blog than I am...hopefully I will get better!!!

Alesia OKeefe said...

Nancy, I wish I could show you how he did that scare. It was hilarious. And to hear a herd of kids running screaming from the park was just priceless. Then you see Cass (who is 6'3") just slowly walking through...I almost peed myself! I wish he could be that happy every day!!!