Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Woo Hoo!!!!

Hooray! We finally have John home!! He arrived yesterday morning (Nov 18) at about 9:00 AM. We waited for them to get into formation and be marched into the hangar. A General spoke for about 2 minutes (honestly can't tell you one word he said!) and then we got to see John for about 20 minutes.

Funny thing, I really thought I was cool with this. I mean, I was excited but thought I was ok. As soon as he started coming up those bleachers towards me, I lost it! I started crying and just couldn't stop. The emotion of the whole thing can just be seriously overwhelming.
Anyway, after we got to see him for aminute we had to let him go again. We went to the dining facility for about 2 hours and waited for him to finish what he had to do with the company. He called at 12:15 to say he was ready and FINALLY we got him back!!!
I can imagine he is probably overwhelmed. For 14 months he hasn't heard little kids talking and then one day he comes home and they all want to tell him everything that's happened while he's been gone. Plus, he had a fever yesterday and has the flu or some other bug. He fell asleep at 7 or so and then woke up at midnight. We stayed up talking until 1:30 and then went back to sleep. I had to be up early to take Keegan to Vanderbilt for an endoscopy but John was up before me!
There will be some adjustment period as everyone falls back into their roles, but we are sooooo happy to have him back with us again!!!
Thanks to everyone for their love and prayers and well wishes while he's been away!

2 comments:

Family Connection said...

WELCOME HOME JOHN!!!

Nancy said...

Awesome news! I can only imagine what a transition it is for everyone!cassie53