Sunday, November 16, 2008

John!!!!!

FINALLY!!! They have actually posted a manifest for flights! Of course, this can (and if anything like the last week, will) change at any time. But, for now, I actually have something in PRINT that says he'll be here at 8:40 on Tuesday morning. This changed from yesterday when we were expecting them on Monday. I'm tired of the changes but think it will finally be over soon!



I took the Jeep to get it detailed today. Yeah, no detailing shops are open today. Must be Sunday or something?? So, I went to the $3 car wash with free vacuums. I paid for the big'un! $10!!! Went to vacuum and the angle of the nozzle makes it impossible to get into the nooks and crannies. The hose isn't long enough to reach the back. AND the ENTIRE back of the Jeep looks like I drove down a muddy gravel road going 40 MPH in 4-wheel drive yesterday...cuz I did...but still, shoulda cleaned it, right? Nope. The window is even still smeared with mud! But we got it vacuumed a bit and now when I take it tomorrow to get it detailed they won't think I am a complete pig because I got the bulk of the french fries and MCDonald's evidence out!



My friend from work, Brandy, went with me. We worked so hard yesterday that we decided we needed a treat. So we went to get pedicures after we got the Jeep partially washed. She was laughing saying that the parts that were clean were really really clean...ha ha...but the pedi's were MUCH needed after running yesterday for 14 hours. Then we went to the PX to do some shopping. Then we went to the mall to return some stuff and to Rafferty's to eat. I had a filet called the Jackson Hole filet! How cool is that! I actually said, after taking a bite, that it really tastes like Jackson Hole!



Meanwhile, you have to know that today, while it was cold, it was still about 10 degrees warmer, not windy, and very sunny. Of course it was. The day AFTER I needed nice weather...argh!



This video is from when they introduced me and the others in the office at the ceremony yesterday. I only post this because I think I don't look horrid and fat in this particular video and when that happens I have to share it. It's the only time anyone gets to see photos or videos of me!

No comments: