Thursday, November 27, 2008

Presidential Visit!


President George W. Bush visited Fort Campbell on Tuesday, November 25, 2008. I was lucky enough to get to go!!! My friend, Merideth, and I were able to work our way right up to the front barriers and a female soldier said that they weren't allowing any 'civilians' in the area, only soldiers. Well, anyone who knows me knows that one of my soapbox issues is that without supportive families taking care of things at home, soldiers wouldn't be able to focus on their jobs. We are just as much a part of the Army as the soldiers! I turned to Merideth and said that if they came to ask us to move I would not go quietly so if she didn't want to get in trouble she might just want to walk away! We moved back to about the third row of soldiers, still in great view of the President's podium, but not so high profile. Nobody bothered us.

The President talked about the great things the Screaming Eagles have done and commented that the thing he'd miss the most as he left office was his visits with the troops. It really was very cool! I've posted pics here...the last one is Air Force 1!!!
















1 comment:

AS Amber said...

Very cool! Glad your Romeo is home, too! YAY!